Thursday 10 May 2012

Childrens books: Nancy Tillman



Whilst searching for sewing patterns, I came across the blog of Lazy Seamstress. Jeanette's daughter, Florence was born on the same day as Max but sadly passed away just a few hours later.

Jeanette wrote a post about buying this book by Nancy Tillman for Florence. After reading her post I bought the book myself and it has since become one of my favourite childrens books.



Nancy writes beautifully and captures perfecty the love for a child. The story behind my buying the book gives the words a different significance than if I'd simply seen it on a shelf in a bookshop. It remains a emotive reminder of how precious life is and all we have to be thankful for.




P.S. I have also since bought this book by the same author. Equally as beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment