Tuesday 15 May 2012

An exhausted lady's make-up bag

In Days Gone By I would think nothing of casually leaving the house without a scrap of make up on. These days have sadly passed for a number of reasons

a) 'Casually' leaving the house? Oh, come on.

b) I am 33 in 2 weeks time. This didn't bother me until I got a new camera. Like seeing yourself in HD all your crinkly glory in EVERY PHOTOGRAPH YOU OWN

c) In the last 5 years I've been through 2 pregnancies, childbirth (twice, obvs) and now am keeper to 2 small people who don't rate sleep as highly as I do. Turns out this takes its toll on your face. Who knew??

So these days there is at the very least a slick of mascara and liberal slather of foundation before I start my day.

I've experimented with many a product promising concealing, brightening, tightening and lifting over the last few years and these, my friends are my failsafe exhaustion-busters...



1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

2. No. 7 Instant Radiance Beauty Lotion

3. Rimmel Lash Accelerator

4. Clinique Shimmering Tones Powder

5. Benefit Boi-ing concealer

And this is the result. Alot less scary than the original version

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you look great!! I remember after having my first, my skin was glorious and I never wore a scrap of make up at all. These days, sleep deprived as I am, I have to get up early to put my face on! That is after 3 kids though!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, demonstrates the quality of the products :) I daren't post a naked-faced picture of me on here! I'm lucky in that I don't get spots but have hideous mammoth eye-bags since sleep became a thing of the past. Lord knows how I'd look if another came along!

    ReplyDelete