Wednesday 20 June 2012

To sleep or not to sleep?

Um, not, in our case.

When Max was a baby we co-slept for a month or so as he wouldn't go in his Moses basket and it made for easy feeding in the foggy first weeks.

Since then he's never slept in our bed, something we've actually been quite pleased about as we went though a spell of major problems with Finn after he was ill, slept in our bed for ages (comfort for him, peace of mind for us) then we had HUGE problems trying to get him back into bed. It resulted in very little sleep (me) and loads of tears (both of us).

Buuuut...When Max and I were ill last month, we slipped into the habit of sleeping together. He was so poorly he just wasn't settling so it made sense to have him in with me as he just wanted cuddles the whole time. To be fair, I was feeling rough and that's all I wanted too (apart from paracetamol, ibubrofen, Vicks Sinex and Beechams. Quite a cocktail) so we enjoyed a few weeks of restful nights snuggled in together.

Sure, he looks cute. Not so much at 2am with feet in your ribs

Now, however, it's not so enjoyable. He's going to sleep fine in his own bed but sneaks in, ninja-style in the dead of night. The proceeds to kick, punch, squash and duvet-hog for the remainder of the night. The time has come to get him sleeping all night in his own bed again but how, without the trauma we had with Finn?

I've had a few good suggestions on Twitter which I'll try but does anyone else have ideas for no-cry solutions? I'd love to hear from you if you've had a similar experience. My sanity depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment